About the Directorate of Education, Arts and Culture- Hardap Region
Director: Mr. M. Gqwede
Private Bag 2122, Mariental
Tel: +264 (63) 245 700
To help reconstruct the rights and dignity of the people of Hardap Region through knowledge creation/expansion and quality education to all with a well established, dedicated, knowledgeable, skilled and professional team.
To be recognized as one of the most competitive regions delivering quality education.
1. Advance Certificate in Education – Modular Course with University of Johannesburg for School principals sponsored Anglo American Namibia Foundation
2. School Management training – Principal and HOD training sponsored by British Council
3. Traditional Life Skills Project – sponsored by NAMAS
4. Social Accountability and School Governance Project – sponsored by UNICEF
5. School and Hostel Gardening Project – Office of the Governor with directorates of line ministries
6. Pro Namibian Children e. V. - German NGO supporting St Patrick’s School and Hostel since 2006
7. Continuous Professional Development – capacity development of teachers in conjunction with the CPD unit at UNAM
8. Mentorship Program – Induction of newly appointed teachers by Inspectors of Education and Education Officers.