About the Directorate: General Services
Objective and Description:
To advise and assist the Minister of Education, Arts and Culture in the development of relevant policies in accordance with legislative requirement and national objectives, and to facilitate the implementation of the operations of the Ministry.
In addition to the Permanent Secretary's service in assisting the Minister and supervision and co-ordination of the Ministry's activities the main operations are: The provision of administrative support services, including budgeting, account, personnel affair and organizational procedures and the provision of logistics, material and equipment, transport services, secretarial and other auxiliary services.
Responsible for the provision of technical and support services to the various directorates, officers of the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture.
This technical/support services includes inter alia the following:
- Domestic: Cleaning of the building and offices
- Human Resources
- Secretarial : Provision of relieve secretaries to Management Cadre in absence of the Secretaries.
- Transport: Assist with the provision of transport.
- Stock Control: Exercise control over the safe keeping of Government properties
- Procurement: To process requisitions to generate purchase orders in orders to procure goods and services, and to facilitate payments after services have been rendered or goods delivered
Director: Mr. Bollen Khama
Contact: + 264 (61) 293 3 374 (Private Secretary)